Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Weight Loss

It felt good to finally write about my biggest struggle in life. I really hope by writing and knowing people are reading can give me the encouragement I need to keep going. I'm extremely proud of myself today. I tried really hard and came in WAY under my caloric intake amount. However, I did indulge in some apples and fat free camel dip, and I realized that a tiny box of rains has 130 calories in it, along with 30 grams of sugar!!!! HOLY MOLY! Is fruit really that bad for you??

I am really proud of myself today, however it was not easy and Nick is currently eating a bowl of frosted flakes which sounds so incredibly wonderful. I can't even tell you how much I love cereal, and sugar cereal at that. But it's not worth it anymore. I've eaten enough food today, and anything extra just takes away from what I have done all day.

ON ANOTHER NOTE!
Jessa is done being swaddled. When she started trying to roll over in the swaddle I knew it was time but didn't want to give in, mainly because I have been sick and didn't want to deal with the transition. I kept telling Nick, "she is ready, and if we don't do this now, it's going to be WAY harder later and we are going to regret it." Sooooo we did it, last night I swaddled one arm, and today she took her first nap in her sleep sack. Well she is currently in her sleep sack now... that was easy! I remember doing this with Bella, being so nervous that she would just resist the transition and we would all be screwed because she would be a pain in the butt for a week or so. Well we did it one day and that was that! Anyway though, it's our first transition out of the newborn stage. I can't believe it, she is growing so fast and I can't stop it! I am so grateful to have her in my life. For a while in the beginning I hated being a mom and was so resentful to her. She was such a awful child, was hindering me from everything I wanted to do, especially significant things such as sleeping and eating. I would hear everyone tell me how wonderful it was to be a parent and I'd just smile and nod thinking, this is NOT what I signed up for. Well, I'm happy to tell you, she brings SO MUCH JOY TO MY LIFE! Even on her bad days I just give her an extra big kiss and brush off her fussiness. I'm so glad we have moved out of that crazy stage she had in the beginning.

*** Mom comes tomorrow. SO EXCITED! Here's to healthy eating with mom here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment