Monday, March 28, 2011

Month 5

Dear Jessa,

5 months old! I can hardly believe it. You are becoming more beautiful each and everyday. Your personality is starting to shine through a bit more which has been fun to see. You have sleep habits like daddy, but I still think you'll be goofy just like mommy! YAY! :)

We started feeding you rice cereal 2 weeks ago, but not every night. Tonight you had oatmeal just to change things up a bit. You don't seem to like either one very much, and your darn thumb always finds it's way to your little mouth which makes feeding you very difficult! You have found your thumb and are completely content and happy with that being your only "toy." I shake my head everyday wondering how we will stop you later on from sucking it. The good news is, since you have found your thumb you have been sleeping through the night very consistently at almost 13 hours a night! WAHOOOO!!! It's wonderful! Thank you!! :) I have a big stack of pacifiers just sitting around because it was just the other day you starting liking those... now your thumb has replaced them all! You absolutely love sleeping on your tummy, and rolling over is just a thing of the past. You are such a fast learner! It seems like one day you just decided it was time and have been rolling over and sleeping on your belly ever since. Speaking of being a fast learner, this week you have very much enjoyed sitting up! WOW! As long as your little hands are either resting on the ground, or on your knees you are good to go. You are still pretty wobbly at times but other times you can last for mins. You have a hard time smiling while in the sitting position because you are concentrating so hard and looking around, but nevertheless you are still the most adorable thing momma has ever laid eyes on! :)

So besides, sitting up and eating cereal you have become Miss Flirt. You smile at everyone which just tickles my heart! The girls in the nursery at church tell me you'll just sit and smile, you are so wonderful! And even though this month you decided to protest sleeping anywhere besides your crib or in a moving car, you are provided me with more joy than I know what to do with. I enjoy being with you each and everyday, watching you smile laugh and learn. I love teaching you new things, reading to you, and just kissing you on every inch of your body. It's hard to look at you and not smile.

Just today I went to wake you up from a nap (you slept for 2.5 hours and it was just time to get up!) I went into your room turned on the light and got down on the floor to pick out some clothes for you to wear. You turned your head to look at me through the slates on the crib and just smiled the biggest smile ever. When I see you smile I still have a hard time taking in the fact that you are all mine! I get to keep you and claim you for forever, that makes me so happy!

Jessa, I love being your mom. I love spending time with you and watching you become a little girl. Thank you for joy you have given to me, even though you are totally unaware of just all that you are. You are so incredibly special!
Love you always and forever,
Mommy

1 comment: