It's been a wonderful week with my mom here. Bittersweet might be a better word. I lover watching her interact with Jessa even though sometimes I feel like I am invisible when Jessa is awake. It's sweet though. I asked my mom what it felt like to be a grandma? Did it feel like a mothers love? She couldn't really answer the question, which is ok because I couldn't answer the question on what it feels like to love my daughter... but I do hope one day I'll get the pleasure of being a grandma... one day far far away ;)
During my mom's visit we took Jessa to her first Rodeo and concert.
A few days ago Nick and I celebrated (ok, really we didn't celebrate more like talked about) the day I found out I was pregnant. I can't believe it's been a whole year! Even though memories from that night have faded a bit, I don't think I will ever forget showing Nick the test and him saying "it's so faint, lets just go to bed and you can take another one in the morning." O, How God made males and females so different! What a blessing though Jessa has been in our lives. As much as an unplanned pregnancy has put unwanted stress in my life, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way! Basically you can sum up Jessa in one word "Surprise!" :) And that my friends is reason number 2342837583724832742 why I love my daughter!!!
Time has started to finally speed up after Jessa has been born. I seriously thought that the first few months of her life felt like years instead of days. I think our little routine we have going makes the days feel like days, the weeks feel like weeks and the months feel, well sort of like days ;) Fun things I've been looking forward to have come and gone, and now I'm finding more things to keep looking forward to! Being a stay at home mom definitely gives you a lot of time to think about why exactly we have been put on this earth and provides you with even more to try and come up with an answer and fail every time. I am enjoying life, don't get me wrong but really what purpose am I serving? (I am stopping here, this is not the direction I wanted to go with this post!)
SO!
Moving on: I have failed once again on sticking to a weight loss goal for even a week. I'm not giving up hope though. Even though Nick is gone this week on business it feel like life is a bit back to normal and I can again focus on something I want so so badly. So dear friends... Here I go trying to write down all I eat once again! :) O yes, and I should work some exercise into this week to. I'm finally over my month long sickness! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!
On that note, I'm heading to bed! Jessa was up every two hours last night, awesome right? NOT! That and the bachelor is sitting on DVR waiting to be watched.. YES PLEASE!
No comments:
Post a Comment