Dear Jessa,
Everyone always told me time would fly, and lately it has been. You are getting so big, growing so tall and doing new things everyday. Right around your 4 month birthday you decided being on your tummy is way more fun than your back. You are such a pro at rolling over!! We were still swaddling you at night until you started to show interest in rolling over and I started to get nervous. I knew you were ready to move onto bigger and better things, like the sleep sack but I was also very sick and not ready to give up my precious sleep time. I held back for as along as I could but you kept telling me you were ready so we did it... AND YOU SLEPT FINE! More recently, at naptimes you cry to let me know you are tired, so I change you, put you in your sleep sack and lay you in your crib. Not a peep! Thank you for making these transitions extremely easy!
The other night before Daddy and I went to sleep I turned on the monitor to check on you. You were sleeping on your side with your arms criss crossed around your body, with your little hands up to your chin. I rolled over to dad and said "look how she is sleeping, it's so cute" only to realize Daddy sleeps the same exact way every single night. It's amazing to me how genetics works!
Grandma just came to visit! We picked her up in the airport and while you were unsure of her for about an hour, you soon warmed up to her and the two of you spend many hours playing together while she was here. She brought you your first tea set and has promised to buy you a table and chairs for Christmas this year! Grandma LOVES tea! During Grandma's visit we went to the rodeo and your first concert! You absolutely love being around large crowds! Your eyes scan back and forth, and you take everything in. You didn't cry once while we were at the rodeo, even though you got extremely tired and ended up sleeping through the last part of it.
After the first two months with you, I never thought I would say this but you are an EXTREMELY wonderful baby! Your personality is showing more and more everyday, and while you are pretty stubborn like your mommy at times, I'm happy to say you are extremely relaxed just like daddy. You easily adjust to whatever we have planned for the day, love being played with, laugh when you receive multiple kisses, and have such fascination with the world you are learning to grow up in. :) I look at you throughout the day and not only thank God for blessing me with the cutest baby in the world, but for making you perfect for daddy and I in every way.
Even though the days are going faster now, and you seem to be growing like a weed. I"m trying to take in all this sweet time that I have with you. I want to remember these days and be able to tell you what it was like carting you around in your car seat to dinner with friends or taking you shopping at the grocery store or mall. I want to remember the silly times that I make you laugh doing ridiculous things that I would be embarrassed if someone but you saw but also remember the times I hold you tight when you are tired or hurt.
You are so amazing baby girl, and I have no doubt you will grow up and do great things! I love you so much and look forward to each and everyday I get to spend with you!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment