Friday, January 7, 2011

Dear Jessa, (2.5months)

(Dear blog readers: This is a rather boring blog. Don't say you weren't warned!)

Dear Jessalynn Jean,

I'm not sure it's ever going to get old saying your name. During the pregnancy I wasn't 100% sure that Jessa would fit, but Daddy and I had agreed upon it and every time I asked him "do you still like Jessa for a girl?" he always replied "yes." We knew we wanted Lynn in your name as well because I just really loved the way it sounded. A few weeks before you were born I approached Dad and said "I really don't think we are having a girl, BUT if we do I've decided I really want her name to be Jessalynn instead of Jessa Lynn." He agreed, along with your middle name being Jean and you came out Jessalynn Jean Taube. I told Uncle Jake the other day it going to be really fun to yell at you someday because you have so many syllables in your name. :)

Enough about your name! You are 10 weeks old as of yesterday! You have changed so much in the last few weeks I have trouble even talking about it. You took your first plane ride on Christmas Eve! Daddy and I (but mostly I) spent about 2 whole days packing for our trip because we didn't want to forget anything! We (but mostly I) was worried on how this trip was going to go. We flew into Chicago and you were the most well behaved baby in the whole entire world! You slept mostly the whole way there, woke up to be changed and eat and then went back to sleep. Grandma and Uncle Zac picked us up at the airport, and you slept most of the way back to Grandma/Grandpa's house. You were amazing! Thank you! The next few days were absolutely wonderful as well. You started sleeping about 9 hours at night, ahhh it felt so good! You were very unsure of the mass amounts of people that wanted to hold you at first, but you soon warmed up to each and every one of them. You continued to enjoy the rest of our Indiana trip in Richmond. I was going to list everyone you met on your Indiana trip, but decided it would probably take too long. Lets just say the number is probably way over 50! and the amount of stuff you received was extreme as well! Our flight home, you had a pretty bad tummy ache. I took you to the bathroom on the plane to change you so I could go back and fed you, but when we got back to our seat you pooped your pants and I had to go change you again, clothes included. You ate but then continued you cry afterward. Overall, you weren't awful, but we had no where near as good of a time as we had the first flight. :) Other than experiencing your flight plane ride, and meeting more people than you can possibly imagine you also got to see your first snow, and you even sat in it! Overall, we had an amazing trip :) Thank you!

We got back to Houston on January 4th. When we came home you would not let daddy or I put you down. You had to continuously be held until you finally fell asleep. Every time we would put you down you would start looking around with a scared/puzzled look on your face and then start crying. We think you were just trying to adjust and remember that this is your home.

Uncle Jake came to live with us the day we returned to. You haven't quite warmed up to him yet, but I can tell he's very in love with you so I'm sure you will soon become best of friends with him. :)

Jessa, the last few days have been absolutely amazing with you, which is why I have decided to write you this letter. You are pretty much sleeping through the night, have established your own little schedule and have almost completely stopped crying for no reason at all. We have have 2 near perfect days together and I have fallen more in love with you every second that goes by. Yesterday I put you in your swing so I could eat some lunch. I noticed a strange sound coming from your swing and when I looked over at you to see what it was, you were making a clicking sound with your tongue. Over and over you just kept clicking! I could have watched and listened to that all day. It amazes me how fast you are growing and learning. Later I sat you in your blue bumbo seat for the first time. Your head control is amazing, but I was still somewhat supporting you just in case. Once I sat you in your chair you looked at me and smiled a huge smile! My heart completely melted. You are going to be sitting up on your own in no time! At night you were starting to get alittle bit cranky and it wasn't quite bedtime yet so I decided to give you a bath. I set you in your crib to run your bath water and turned your mobile on. As I was running your water I noticed you had stopped crying and started talking. I came to look at you and you were just very contently watching the characters and lighted stars move around in a circle. You have never before looked at them! It's amazing what kind of new things you can find if you open your eyes!

You have been talking non-stop the last few days. I find myself reaching for the video camera alot trying to capture these moments because I know they will soon just be memories. I am so proud of you already, I can't imagine what I will feel when you win your first sports game, or perform at your first dance recital. :)

Overall, I am so glad we are over crying nonstop all day long. I looked at some videos of you today, and as much as I loved seeing you so little I hope those memories I have from those days where I couldn't do anything to make you happy will fade away and I will only remember the days like today where I can't help but smile when I look at you all day long.

You bring such joy to my life!
Love, Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment