I feel the need to recap all that has gone on in these last two days, despite the fact I have a migraine and feel like I"m going to have to high tail it to the bathroom toilet face down soon. (This is only my second one throughout this pregnancy!!!!) Anyway migraine or not, I've had an amazing last few days and thought I should write it down before I forget how blessed I am.
THURSDAY
Jessica has been in town all week and I was lucky enough to spend Sunday and Monday with her but had to share the remainder of the week with her family. (I hate sharing!) Anyway, Thursday she got to come back to me and even come to work with me! My days are extremely long with Bella and her willing to come sit at work with me means more than alot of words can describe. Anyway, we were able to eat subway for lunch :) have some good laughs, watch Bella cruise around on her big girl walker, and we even got off a bit early :) Backing up to the beginning of the day when I arrived at Bella's house, I was told that the daycare called and was willing to take her a week earlier than planned. (I'm not sure if this was "questioned about" by the parents or if they really just called out of the blue with an opening. Regardless, I am excited to only have 5 days left with her instead of 9. The whole morning, I sat staring at this 10 month old, realizing that I just spent the last almost 7 months teaching her basically everything she knows. We have done everything together! She has seen the best of me and the worst of me, and the same holds true with me seeing her sides as well. I know exactly how to make her laugh and how to make her cry. I can make her smile just by looking at her. I know what foods she loves and what foods she hates. I can read her like an open book 90% of the time, knowing where she is going, what she is going to reach for and so forth... This child HAS been my life since January! I can't help but have bittersweet feelings about this. I am so ready to move on with life and stop spending 99% of my days at a strangers home, but I am so sad to stop seeing this little girl grow that I have basically raised. I tried my hardest not to get attached but the thought of only having 5 full days left with this child sort of makes me want to break down in tears and cuddle with her for the next 5 days! I will miss those sweet little eyes looking at me from over the crib rail when I get her up from her nap, as well as those silly looks she gives me when she is being O so ornery. YES I SAID IT... I"M GOING TO MISS BELLA OOOOOOO SO MUCH!!!
That being said, I am thrilled that I have some time to myself to prepare for this motherhood gig. Nick and I are more than Blessed to not be in a finical burden. We are not at all even close to "Having Money" and yes we still have debt from school, cars, houses ect. But we are making it, which makes it possible for me to take some time off before the baby comes, and then of course be a stay at home mom until Baby Taube is ready for school. (We hope.) I'm excited to use this time to get my house together, actually be able to decorate it, clean it, and prepare for a little body to run around in the years to come. I'm excited to wake up every morning and be able to spend some quiet time with my belly. As silly as that sounds I feel like I haven't gotten the chance to really take in this pregnancy experience. My world has been surrounded by Bella and I'm ready to actually get to feel what a "new mom" gets to feel like with just her and her unborn child. With this time off I will also get to travel home to Mom and Dad's for awhile, hopefully two weeks and really I'm just looking forward to catching up with old friends down here, and trying to make a few new ones before baby is born.
Getting back on the Thursday bandwagon!!!!
After Jessica and I were done with work we headed off to Ikea. I feel so lucky and so unlucky to have a store located in Houston. It's such a fun store and since they don't have too many locations not many people get to have the full experience of this crazy crazy store. Yes I feel like this store has some poor quality stuff, but you get what you pay for right? Overall, it was fun to be able to show her around and get a sneak peek at some of the items I wanted for today's trip with Nick.
After Ikea we headed over to Book Club. Many of you know I am in a book club with women that are mostly around 10 years older than I am. Secretly, I really don't even like reading all that must, but being with these ladies makes my heart melt. I love the time I get to spend with them, and their wisdom on things I have yet to experience is wonderful! They have been such a huge huge blessing in my life, and really I'm not sure what I would do without each and everyone one of them. (and another secret, I REALLLLY enjoy being the youngest in the crowd. :) It's sort of a motherly feeling I have towards them, at the same time they ARE my friends!) GEEEEESH I'm getting so off topic tonight! So I dragged Jessica to our monthly meeting, and it just so happened we were not discussing a book but rather figuring out our schedule for the upcoming year so it worked out well for her to come. We had an amazing dinner, shared many laughs (as always), and basically I always leave there feeling like a million bucks and extremely lucky to have met such wonderful women!
FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!
Today was a mighty busy day. Nick has two doctors appointments, the baby and I had one and we had to drop Jessica off at the airport. We all ended up leaving the house at 7:30am to get to Nick's Ortho appointment at 8:30. (yes, he choose a doctor almost an hour away!!!) His teeth are just looking amazing! He has only been in braces since January and the difference is just shocking. We both looked at wedding pictures the other day and were blown away by the way his teeth looked in the pictures. He always says I called him ugly, but I never did such a thing... and I married the kid! Regardless, I will say my husband is very much attractive with straight teeth :) Just makes me want to give him lots and lots of smooches :)
After Nick's appointment we all went out to breakfast at Denny's. It is true... this was my first time eating there. I have always been partial to the "International House of Pancakes" mainly for it's name but I may just have to go on a cheating spree with one of my favorite restaurants. I had french toast this morning (despite having pancake cravings all throughout this pregnancy) AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!! I love french toast!!!
We dropped Jess off at the airport (tear) and headed for Nick's allergy shot appointment. After that we browsed Ikea, and found some sweet stuff for the baby's room. This being my favorite purchase.

Yes, that's a leaf canopy for over the baby's crib... EXCITED! I hope it doesn't look too too silly. Also, Nick and I bought a easel for Baby! HA! We decided we can store it in the attic but it was a must buy type of deal. We are so excited! :)
SO now comes the fun part and end to my extremely long ramblings tonight. I've been struggling alot with wanting to change doctors, mainly because I feel like I'm just another patient giving this doctor money. I think he is super smart and has seen a lot, and I really do trust him... but I've been struggling with wanting more from him. Today I asked him about the possibility of laboring in a bathtub. (Random, I know for my 28 week appointment.) He looked at me like I was not human, and said we just hired a Midwife in this practice and I'm going to have her come talk to you. THEY HIRED THIS LADY 2 WEEKS AGO!!!! She has been a practicing CNM for 19 years and just recently moved to Houston. Anyway, we got a chance to talk to her and she is a gift from God. I walked into this appointment with the question to ask my doctor his feelings on induction well now I don't really have to worry about that at all! I will start seeing her from now on, and she will be with me throughout my whole labor! We are going to try and do this labor things as naturally as possible. I"M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THRILLED! I just want to jump up and down and thank God for answering my prayers that I didn't even know I was praying about! I never in a million years expecting a "switch" like this to be this easy. And the best part is my doctor will be on call in case anything is needed. So he's not out of the picture, just put in the back of the picture! :)
With that being said, I have to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow to check my fluid levels because of some strange symptoms I have been having. I'm not really nervous but am anxious to see baby! It's been almost 10 weeks since we have seen Baby!!! As far as everything else is going, doctor's exact words were "Weight is good, blood pressure is good, belly measurement is good, glucose test is normal, urine is normal... YEP! Everything looks perfect! :) So I'm not so much worried for tomorrow, but it will be nice to have some answers.
The rest of the day help a nap for both Nick and I, and a phone call from a sweet sweet old lady that we met the first time we visited the church we are currently going to. O this message is just the cutest thing ever. It was the perfect way to end a perfect 2 days.
Wow... I didn't know I had so much to say!
No comments:
Post a Comment