Sunday, August 12, 2012

Proud Mama

I'm not one to brag, especially about my kid. At least I don't try to. On here it's different because (to my knowledge) not a lot of people know about this little blog. Anyway... today calls for a total brag moment!

Lets set the scene (so far this week):
*Started 5 week old Jacen on Zantac
*Been a week from Hell with Jacen, crying constantly
*Jessa go attacked by ants from stepping in a mound
*Jessa woke up cover in pee from head to toe
*Bad mom moment of the year made Jacen throw up all over himself by putting in the swing on high while crying because I thought he was just crying to cry.
*Left the keys in the Charger and drained the battery
*$160 and 24 hours later Nick got a new battery in the car
*24hour trail run with Formula turned into 2 formula feedings and a crazy mom.

So, as you can see we have not had a normal week in the least. So it's only fitting that today:
*Jacen slept from 9:30pm-9am with 1 feeding and continued to eat and sleep the rest of the day without crying for more than a few minutes at a time

AND THEN

*Around 5pm I noticed Jessa looking like she has to poo. We have bought Jessa a few "potty books" and she has one that she makes me read to her everyday. Anyway, usually if I can tell she is about to go, I usually ask her if she is pooping or peeing just so she can correlate the two. Today, as I'm nursing I ask her, "Jessa, are you pooping? Do you want to use the potty?" The kids eyes get so big she runs to the bathroom while I'm yelling for Nick to go help her since i'm stuck nursing in a chair. Thinking it was just a fluke I hear Nick cheering from the bathroom! I sat smiling from ear to ear and couldn't wait to make the biggest deal out of what she just accomplished. Fast forward to bed time, Nick sits her on it again... she goes AGAIN! And then after her bath too! WHOA!

I told Nick I am SO SO SO thankful for the timing of this. Even though this may make my life really difficult trying to nurse a newborn and put a kid on the potty she couldn't have found a better way to gain attention. She has been lacking attention so much since almost all of my effort all day long is put into Jacen that this will give her a chance to be praised and have attention that Jacen can't get.

WAY TO GO JESSA!

I'm more than a proud mama right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment