Tuesday, November 8, 2011

YOU ARE ONE!

Dear Jessa,

What an exciting month October has been! Where do I even start?

On the 11th of October Daddy and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary, that day Aunt Sarah flew in from Indiana to come spend the week with you! The next day, Grandma joined Sarah and Daddy and I took our first Vacation... almost ever! We flew to Cancun Mexico and you had a blast hanging out with Grandma and A.Sarah. I hear you guys went to the Fall Festival in Summerwood, took a train ride at Old McDonald farm, you had your first snow cone, and you also took your first official steps! They claim it was towards the t.v. because "Moves Like Jagger" was playing by Adam Levine. HA! Anyway, Grandma, and A. Sarah said you were the best little girl they could have asked for, and you never even cried... unless they weren't playing with you! Thank you for being so good, it made our trip so much better knowing you were loving the attention! Daddy and I returned almost 6 days later and you broke my heart because I ran up to you in the airport and you didn't smile and didn't want to be held by me. In fact you didn't even smile until we got home and daddy and I were doing everything we could to make you crack a smile! We said sad goodbyes to them both, and soon we were trying to get back on our little schedule, switch you to whole milk and put the finalizing touch on your 1st birthday party! During the week I tried switching you over to whole milk, you weren't having it. I've never experience you so cuddly. If I wasn't holding you I would try to put you down and you would throw yourself on the floor and scream bloody murder. At first I thought, you thought I was going to leave you again, then I started realizing this happened every time I would put milk into your sippy cup. We haven't figured out what we should do since milk is hurting your tummy, so you are back on formula for the time being.

On the 27th, Uncle Zac and Aunt Jaime flew in, and on the 28th we celebrated your 1st birthday, which just so happened to be the coldest day of the year so far! We took a trip down to Galveston despite the cold weather, did some shopping, eating and picture taking and when we returned to our house Grandma and Grandpa were there waiting for us! We took you out for a snow cone (you had wedding cake flavor since it was the closest thing to birthday cake.) You sure do love snow cones!!! It was a really fun day, but the most fun was the next day when we had your big party!!! There were about 30 people that came to celebrate your first year with us! We had pizza, fruit salsa, veggies, garlic bread and CUPCAKES! Cupcakes was the theme of your party along with pink and purple, and it turned out better than I could have asked for! You got a bunch of cool toys and you LOVED LOVED LOVED your giant cupcake I made you! It was such a fun 1st birthday for you!!

I can't believe you are one year old already! You are such a wonderful little girl and make me smile everyday! You are still super independent, will walk to someone if they are cheering for you but having no interest otherwise, and you still get super excited every time you see a "dog dog!" You FINALLY said "ma,ma" this month! Your words are no up to Da-Da, Ma-Ma, and Dog-Dog. If someone asks you a question you usually response with "ya" it's hilarious!!! You often hold conversations with yourself and my most favorite thing about you is you laugh all the time! You sound like you are telling yourself jokes and then will chuckle after you are done, it's about the cutest thing in the whole world! You are super ticklish and that usually provides a good laugh as well!

What a wonderful year this has been!! I'm so excited to watch you continue to grow into a girl, a teen and finally a woman. You are so beautiful!
Love you more than words can describe!
-Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment