HOLY SMOKES, I'M PREGNANT AGAIN! ;)
Ahhh, that feels good to get it out. Even though this blog isn't listed on facebook, I once upon a time had it listed on there and to this day have no idea who stalks me. Therefore I waited and waited to finally make the big announcement!
I have stopped writing letters to Jessa. I made the cutest book with the 12+ letters I wrote to her every month of her 1st year. It turned out so great, and can not wait to give it to when she gets older. Anyway, I've decided it might be kind of fun periodicly to check in and just write a few random things down about Jessa and the new baby.
Jessa is 14 months old!
*We have pretty much discovered she is indeed asthmatic, and does really well with Alberterol when needed.
*She had her 1st dose of Antibiotics for a sinus infection and did really well with it.
*I'm extremely tired of feeling like I have a sick kid all the time. The guessing game of what to do and what not to do is getting really old... but isn't that what parenting is all about?
*She is still on formula, but has "upgraded" to Toddler Gentlease.
*I'm thinking about getting her allergy tested here in a few weeks.
*Enough about her being sick, SHE IS AN AWESOME KID!
*Her personality is coming out more and more, and while she is still showing major signs of being a lot of Nick, unfortunately more and more of my personality is starting to show with her. IE- she is SUPER strong willed and will most likely see a butt beating here and there in the future.
*I would like to say I think I'm a really good mom... just throwing that out there! We are trying really hard to use positive reinforcement, example- telling her she made a really good choice by not touching the t.v or by placing something down gently after she has thrown it down before. I feel like even though she has no idea what we are saying, it's really important that she hears the tone in our voice and we praise her when she does good things, and not just yell at her when she does bad... which does happen alot too ;)
*We recently bought a potty chair for her, and I was super excited to introduce her to it, until she shows me that she LOVES to play IN IT! Now we are waiting until the newness of the new "toy" goes away so she is not sicking her knee in the "potty hole" trying to climb on it... that's sick! haha
*She now knows how to: Wave HI, Wave bye along with saying "bye bye", give hi-5's, give kisses WITH sound :), play peek-a-boo by covering her own eyes and yelling "BA!" she is super fun!
*We are continuing to work on puzzles and just tonight she would study the piece I gave her and match it to the where it goes on the board, but still can't quite turn it to make it fit most of the time.
* Her hair is getting so long, and is finally starting to darken up. She refuses to keep anything in her hair, so I have to make sure she has at least SOME pink on her when we leave the house! :)
*She is fully walking, which started around her birthday, at thanksgiving she was walking "to" things, and by Christmas she was walking all over but still with her hands in the air. Now she is walking, walking on different levels, getting excited and attempting to run, moving from different surfaces with out falling, and realizing when there is a step to take. This whole walking deal has been by far my favorite thing to watch. I had no idea there were so many different "levels" to walking!
*I recently bought her a pillow, and while she hasn't quite grasp the concept of how to use it, I caught her on the video monitor last night waking up and crawling towards it! :)
*We have decided around May we are going to transfer her to her "big girl room" which holds a "big girl bed." We put the railing up the other day on our twin size bed. The bed looks HUGE, I can't imagine putting my little girl to sleep in such a huge bed!
*As cheesy as it sounds, my love for this kid grows daily. She is unexceptionably special to me!!
Baby 2.0 is 14 weeks in the making!
I was shocked to find out I was pregnant with Jessa, mainly because she was a crazy surprise! Even though we knew there was GREAT CHANCE we could become pregnant in Cancun, I also knew in the back of my mind I had JUST gone off birth control AND who gets pregnant on their first try anyway! BUT SURPRISE AGAIN!
*We found out on Jessa's 1st Birthday of baby 2.0 in the making! What a fun birthday gift to a child that has no idea what's going on!
*I never in a million years thought we would have babies 21 months apart! My brother and I are 3 years and Nick and his siblings are 4 and 7 years!
*My pregnancy is going awesome, all except for the actual being pregnant part that limits you from doing things like taking ALOT of medications when you have been sick for a month and just want to get better!
*This pregnancy is like night and day compared with Jessa. All except for the cereal part!!!
*I've only been sick MAYBE once a day if that. Compared to ALL DAY EVERY DAY for 18 weeks!
*I've had crazy vivid dreams, to the point where I'm not sleeping good at all!
*I've been craving olives and pickles, definitely more salty than sweet this go around.
*Certain foods really gross me out to the point I need to leave the room... specifically turkey meatballs which is ironic because that was my FAVORITE meal before baby 2.0 came along!
*I don't have to pee every 5 mins, and in fact I've made it almost the entire 1st tri without even waking up in the middle of the night to go! WHOA!
*I haven't gained a pound, however I"m showing like crazY!
*The first few weeks after I found out I was pregnant, I was feeling really weird things going on in my belly. It was almost as if pressed a button to turn on pregnancy mode and everything just started shifting around.
*This baby's heart rate is SKY HIGH! Dr. says "sounds like a girl." We'll see if she's right!
*I of course am hoping for a boy, just to balance things out. With that said, I wouldn't be disappointed to play dress up again with another girl! :)
*I'm excited for this pregnancy, scared out of my mind, and WOW it's going REALLY FAST!
No comments:
Post a Comment