I have no story to tell or anything important to write, just felt the need to do a bit of "logging." Jacen is 11 weeks old and 2 days. Time is definitely going by differently than it did with Jessa. The stage Jacen is in... well it's quite boring. The stage that Jessa is in on the other hand, is super exciting and I"m loving every second of it. Ok, that's a complete lie! Jessa has recently come to terms with her emotions. When she is mad she yells, throws a fit, pulls my hair?!?!?! (Yes she got in trouble for that one today)when she is sad she cries, happy she dances and laughs and it's just funny. I love watching her though. I feel like she is truly learning SO MUCH right now. Tonight at dinner Nick asked her what he was eating her reply "Taco." Clear as day... and guess what? We were eating Tacos for dinner! She knows the correct word for hundreds of things. It's like everyday she is learning 5-10 works and remembers them. The other day I was thinking about how I should be writing down her sayings these days. She is learning to put words together to explain more. For example; every morning when I get Jessa up for the day we have to go through the whole list of people she knows. It starts with dad:
Dada... work! (Yes, Dada is at work)
Jacen... Seeping (Yes, Jacen is sleeping)
Jessa...Home (Yes, Jessa and mommy are home.)
Occasionally she will talk about Grandpa and Grandma since they were just here and fresh in her mind. Throughout the day through she ALWAYS is reminding me that Dada,Work! It's pretty cute ;)
One of my other favorite things she said is when she is looking for something. She most always is looking for either her baby or her sleep sack. It goes something like this "BABY!... ARE YOU?" She can also count to 6 "two, five, six!" (Are you seeing a pattern?) It's just so funny to see what she picks up and what common phrases we use she puts together.
Some more that I can think of:
"OH-MY! Pooped!" When she changes her baby's diaper
"Helper" she uses when she needs help with something
"Home" when I pick her up from Mothers day out... like she is more than ready to go home
Jessa started Mothers Day Out Tues/Thurs from 9:30-2:30. SHE LOVES IT! She is, what do you know, the teachers favorite. HA! I could have guessed that one! Who doesn't love an almost two you old that follows directions? (Ps. I'm finding it ok to brag about that, as long as I don't brag about how she is only that way because I made her that way. I find that bragging about her personality is just fine because hey, God made her that way!) Anyway, she has a hard time saying "school" so she usually asks to go to church. We pray at every meal now and say "Thank you Jesus for this food, Thank you Jesus for our family, Thank you Jesus for our Friends." Jessa's favorite part comes afterwards "AMEN!" as she throws her hands up in the air. Anyway, she is learning about the color red and the circle. Apparently she answers questions when called on and she was able to pick red objects out of a box when asked to do so. YAY SMARTY PANTS! Anyway, she's just pretty awesome.
Lets talk about Jacen!
He is huge! He didn't feel huge or look that huge (I don't think at least.) But he is almost in size 6 month clothes and we decided to start putting him in size 3 diapers. (Jessa is wearing a size 4!) He's just growing so big so fast. He is still getting up every night, still not napping during the day however he is the most smiley kid I know! I don't remember getting Jessa to smile until she was about 3.5 months old. Jacen on the other hand is all smiles all the time. Sure beats the crying! He's pretty cute, but it still really hard this whole newborn phase. Is he talking yet?!?!
That's enough for now. Bed time? Yes I think so!
No comments:
Post a Comment