There have been a few things lately that I'm hoping I never forget. I want to write them down, keep them as memories and never forget them!
When I was pregnant with Jessa and decorating the gender neutral themed room, we decided on a cow theme. I loved the idea of lime green, black and white and cows just seemed to be appropriate. Anyway, scooping out BabiesRUS one day Nick and I find this cow that sings Old MacDonald. His mouth moved, and his ears flapped while he sang... Lets face it, I thought this was hands down the only thing the baby NEEDED! Come to find out it was like $40. I WAS NOT spending that on a stuffed animal. Fast Forward a month or two, back into Babies R US and THE COW IS ON SALE! Holy Cow! $15! I pick up this cow and just can't wait to play it for baby.
Jessa had little interest in the cow... until about a week ago. I had put it in a corner because she never really took to it much. Out of boredom I pressed the cows foot and he starts singing. You would have thought Barney had just walked into the room the way her eyes lite up! The song ended she grabbed the cow, hugged it and then instantly gave it to me so I could press the button and make him sing again. It only took two times... When he ended his song and she wanted to hear it AGAIN she knew exactly what to do! Press the music note on his foot. This was so cute the first time. Ok, maybe the second, third, forth and fifth time too. By the 10th time I was ready to put the dumb singing cow out to the visit the trash man.
So it's been a week. She still grabs the cow, hugs it tight and presses the foot repeatedly to make him sing and stop, start over and stop, start over again and stop. Once, the cow even got to sit on the potty and sing... it's just been annoying funny.
The part of this story I never want to forget is that she things I adore this cow as much as she does. She is big into sharing right now, and wants to give me whatever she is playing with... which happens to be the singing cow. She will grab the cow, make his start singing, come bring him to me with the proudest look on her face and walk away knowing she is being the best little girl she can be by sharing her toys. I on the other hand appreciate my sweet little girl learning to share, but can't bare to hear that cow sing that song one more time. Every time she brings it, I turn it off. THE INSTANT I turn off the cow she stops whatever she has moved into playing with turns around, runs back to me and turns the cow back on. This could go on for hours. It seriously melts my hearts. Her expressions, her excitement in her steps, everything about the way she is so concerned with the cow stops singing for me, she has to come fix it!
I am seriously in love with this little girls personality. (most days.)
So that's the cow story.
No comments:
Post a Comment