
Dear Jessa,
This month flew by! We have been so busy! In the beginning of the month we traveled to Indiana again to see family and friends. This time only you and I went, and it sure was an experience traveling through the airport with you, a stroller, your car sear and your diaper bag. I thought we would never make it threw security with all of our stuff. I am so proud and happy to tell you though that we made it through, not only once but twice and with a "random shoe test." You were better than I ever expected you to be! When we got on the plane going to Indiana, you were very tired! You would whine, lay your head down on my chest, moan, close your eyes... POP THEM OPEN and the proceed to give everyone around us a full body scan before you repeated the motions again and again. Finally I was able to rub my hand over your eyes over and over finally getting them to close for good. It was the first moment in a long time that you fell asleep on me, and I was in heaven! I love watching you sleep! When you woke up you flirted with a man around grandpa's age two rows behind us. It was the funniest thing! He would wave to you and you would bat your little eyes, give him a huge smile then look away, only to repeat this again a few hundred times! On the flight home we were able to bring the car seat on, and while you didn't like to sit in it the whole time you were comfy for awhile. About 1/2 hour before we landed this 3 year old boy was sitting in the seat behind you and he stood up on his chair and started playing peekaboo with you. You of course were in absolute awe over this boy, and at one point the boy leaned over to his dad and said "Daddy, she is so pretty!" This melted my heart!!! I have a feeling we are going to have to keep a close eye on you in the future, because you are already stealing boy's hearts!
We were able to see alot of people during our trip in Indiana. Grandma and Grandpa had such a fun time playing with you, finally! You got to ride in grandpa's wooden rocking horse, and he would let you pull his hair real hard while he tickled your belly. You though these things were SOOO Funny! While we were there we were also able to go to the Dunes. I couldn't wait for you to experience sand! You just wanted to eat it! Grandma was freaking out about you eating sand, but I wanted to let you :) You also ate your first dandelion while we were there too! Don't worry, you're still alive! :) Overall, we had a wonderful time while we were there!
When we got back, I got super sick! Luckily, Aunt Sarah had already planned on coming down and it was so nice to have her help here while I tried to get better. During Aunt Sarah's visit we took A LOT of pictures, and we also got to take you swimming for the second time. We were in the pool for about and hour and you loved every single second of it!
At your 6 month check up, we got some bad news at the doctor. You weighed in at only 11.13 lbs. This was more than scary because you had hit 12 lbs around month 2! During this particular day you had a urine test(which involved a catheter), 3 shots, and blood work where the lady was AWFUL! This by far was the scariest, and most heart wrenching day for me as a mom! You on the the other hand were a rockstar!!! You handled it all so well, and you even handled throwing multiple times after giving you formula for one of the 1st times. You are such a champ! Since that day, we have started you on a special formula and you have done just fine! We continued to nurse in the morning and at night until I got sick and the doctor told me it was just best if I stop all together. It was a really hard transition for me at first, having you being fed by other people and not having our time like 5 times a day. However, I've realized I get to snuggle you so close when I give you a bottle and that makes up for everything!! I love nothing more than to cuddle you close!
Other than the things already mentioned, you have become incredibly fun this month!!! You now can sit up in a shopping cart, in fact you can sit up anywhere. We bought you a walker this month and just about 3 days ago you learned you could move and have been all over the house since them. You have learned to make yourself laugh, and you area still sleeping like the best baby in the whole entire world. You are so incredibly intrigued at the world around you, and you seem to take every detail in very carefully! You definitely get that from dad, and will probably be very smart because of this!
I can't tell you enough how much you have blessed our lives. Every night before I put you to sleep I zip you up in your pink sleep sack. This sleep sack was Bella's old sleep sack that Nicole gave to me while you were in my belly. When I saw this particular item in a bag full of stuff I thought to myself, "this is really nice but I don't want my boy wearing pink." Little did I know I would be zipping that little pink sack up every night, and kissing my beautiful little girl goodnight in it. You make my heart so happy, and I can only anticipate what kind of girly adventures we will be able to do together when you get older.
It has been a good month Jessa, maybe the best one yet! Please continue to giggle and smile often because when you do the whole world stops. You are getting so big, and while I like to think I'm prepared for it, I know I will be one of those who say "they just grow up so fast, cherish this time!" I'm doing my best to cherish everyday with you, and because you are who you are it's not hard to do! :)
I love you so much little girl! :)
Love,
MOMmy
Awww this is so sweet, Dayna! I love that you're keeping track of everything so you will have this to look back on!
ReplyDelete