Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Mommyhood

I just experienced maybe one of my most favorite moments of being a mom thus far. Jessa just started throwing a huge fit. I had her in the moby trying to get some housework done and just got tired of carrying her around because quite frankly you might as well not even do housework when you are carrying a child in the moby with little head support.... Now i'm getting side tracked!

Jessa started throwing a fit. For the first time, ever maybe it didn't bother me. I knew she was ok so I just let her scream for a few mins. After I felt like she screamed for long enough I picked her up, went and swaddled her and rocked her to sleep. This has never happened before! When she is crying she usually is uncontrollable! To watch her go from screaming to alert to sleepy to sleeping in my arms was such an amazing feeling. I could tell she felt safe just to be with me. I loved it :)

Just thought I would share, and take a min. to jot this memory down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment