Many of you know I kept an online journal basically all the way from Middle school through my freshman year in college. That thing was my best friend. I wrote everything in that. It's still online and while I haven't gone back to look at it in a while I pray, frequently that someday when I go looking for it, it is still there. That's like 1/2 of my life!!
Anyway, if you ever kept up with my LiveJournal I would very frequently do RT's, or random thoughts. It would just be pages and pages of things I was thinking about at the time. I feel like tonight would be a good change to revisit though RT but in paragraph form with a little more detail than I used to use back then.
*20 week Ultrasound
I'm so excited for tomorrow. It's 10:30pm currently and normally I would have been in bed at least an hour ago, if not earlier. But I'm not tired tonight. I'm just so excited. Tomorrow is a big day for the Taube family. The babe get's measured, and measure and measured again. Toes and fingers get counted, spine gets alooked at and basically it's one big ultrasound day. It's suppose be our "20 week" but we cheated and we will be only at 19 tomorrow. No difference though, at least that's what they tell us. I'm just so excited to take a peek at baby!
*Sex
Nick and I have decided to keep the baby's sex a surprise. We have talked and talked about this, but this just feels right for the both of us. Neither of us have a preference ( I know you can't pick but some people lean heavily on wanting one or the other) and we just don't care. I think it will just be a special moment for all when text messages and phone calls can get sent with "It's a ____" along with a picture. I'm just very excited for that intimate 1st moment as a family. I rest my case... it is settled!
*Funiture
Nick and I bought grown up furniture on Sunday and it's being delivered tomorrow! I'm telling you, tomorrow is an exciting day. For those of you that don't know, we are currently sitting on a couch that was left in a house that I rented in college. It's black PLEATHER... That's right "Plastic Leather." It's awesome....ly AWFUL! Even though our "grown up furniture" isn't what some would call elegant, it's perfect for us and our casual selves. It's probably the biggest furniture I've seen, with the width being the size of a twin size bed... but that being said, will make perfect guest accommodations if anyone desires to choose that spot! I do look forward to the moments when watching a movie and I don't have to say "Can we just go lay in bed?" Especially when it's with another couple, because those moments are pretty awkward.haha! Along with living room furniture, I got to pick out a rocking chair for the Babe and I. I went with everything I hate. Leather and white! What was I thinking? Really!? I'll blame it on the hormones because I really don't know what I was thinking! BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT We got an absolutely amazing deal on it, and it's pretty darn comfy so hopefully the babe and I (and daddy sometimes) will get to spend some good quality time breaking in that chair!
*Pictures
Alot of you have been asking for me to post pictures. It's honest time. I'm not ready. My body is going through alot of changes... duh, cause that's what pregnancy is! But specially for me, I'm loosing weight and gaining baby weight and I'm not sure I'm feeling very comfortable with myself these days. I took pictures in the beginning but just kind of stopped. I don't like spending 10 mins to get 1 picture that I actually like of myself. And "like" is being exaggerated! Hopefully someday I'll start to feel more comfortable in my own skin and start taking pictures so I don't look back and regret it.
*Good buys.
The other day I got off work early and had an hour to kill while waiting to go to dinner with some friends. I spent that time at Ross, which is basically like a TJmaxx or someplace like that. WELL COME TO FIND OUT! They had a maternity section. I found a shirt and a pair of capris.. each for $8. I can't wait to wear my $16 dollar outfit tomorrow... that my friends I MIGHT have to take a picture of!!!
*Showering
Today I got a phone call. A totally unexpected phone call of one of my friends offering to throw me a baby shower. I am thrilled beyond belief and so ultimately grateful someone would want to do something like that for me, but it's so hard for me to except someone would want to celebrate...well, me! I'm not sure where this shyness came from after reminiscing about my highschool years and insisting I was the center of attention at all times... but I've changed, ALOT! And it sort of just makes me feel uncomfortable. My mom told me I'm not allowed to rob people of their joy of wanting to celebrate with me, and I guess she's right. I just need to make sure that everyone who participates knows just how much it means to me, and I have to focus on not being rude, because i'm shy.
*Baby Crib
Nick and I have yet to purchace a crib yet. We can't decide... ok just kidding! IIIII Can't decide. I just go back and forth. I think he should probably just order it that way I can stop thinking about it. This is the one we are looking at.
*I need to talk about someone other than baby
Along with the new furniture we should probably get a new t.v. Anyone want to donate one larger than a 24in??? haha
*I think that's it for the night
Now that I suddenly have lots off of my mind I feel like I could probably go to sleep right now. That and I'm still in a towel that I wrapped in after my bath. (IT brings back good college memories!) But to bed I go. To get up and clean and see baby, and sit on furniture, and get our house sprayed so we don't have bugs and ahhhhhh Life is good right now.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO And we found a new bible study to join! I'm SOOOO THRILLED! I CAN"T WAIT FOR SUNDAY! (ok, yes I can because that means the day after is Monday...) But i'm really excited to see how this goes. :) God is good, all the time, He is good! :)
GOODNIGHT
I am in LOVE with Ross!!!! I would say I go there at least once every other week for no good reason; my house is decorated with literally all things Ross.
ReplyDelete