Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You know your lonely when...

You know your lonely when you get disappointed that the cop that is staring at your car does not pull you over. haha! In Texas you are required to have both a front license plate as well as a back. Along with these two things, you must have 2 stickers on the front windshield of your car. Well the cop was on a motorcycle looking at the front of my car, with no front license plate, and only 1 of the two stickers on my windshield. I knew I couldn't get in trouble if he pulled me over, because I do have valid IN plates, and I have no record saying how long i've been in Texas for. After I drove by I was kind of disappointed because I would have had a conversation with someone other than myself for the day... That's pathetic isn't it?

Anyway, Texas doesn't have a BMV instead they have you get an inspection for your car (one of the two stickers) then go to the courthouse to register your car and get plates (the other sticker) and then go to a Health and Safety office to get your licence... in which they MAIL to you??? Sometimes I wonder about this place I am now calling home... The point of me telling you this is Nick and I tried to get this done last week, but we got to the court house to late (but did get to witness about 20 weddings!!! haha!!) and so now our goal for Thursday is to get our cars the proper info.

On another note: I had a rough rough day yesterday. I'm excited for the month that goes by where I don't have a "rough day." Hopefully that month will come sooner than later. During my breakdown last night, I realized I don't know how to live in a city, thats just what it comes down to! Since I can remember I've always dreamed of having a house with some type of body of water near by and lots of land. A small town feeling where everyone knew everyones business and you actually ran into people you knew at the grocery store! That's not really anything like where I have ended up. I think i'm ok with that?? But i'm just having a hard adjustment which is expected since i wasn't super keen on the move to begin with. I'm just so out of my element, and really need to find my purpose in this big big city.

Ok enough complaining.

I'm still working on Pictures of the apartment... I need to find my camera batteries before that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment