Sweet Girl,
I was putting you to bed tonight looking around your room realizing that when Daddy and I (but mostly I) decorated we had no idea if you were going to be a boy or a girl. You've spent 10 whole months with us already! It seems like we ALWAYS knew you were going to be our "Jessa." The name fits you so perfectly, and I can't in any way imagine life if you would have come out "Jace." I am so thankful for you and all that makes you female!
I'm not sure of what else I can say in this 10th letter than, you are basically the easiest kid I've ever met. (Time for alittle mama bragging rights, even though Mama ain't got nothing to do with this side of your personality.) You have slept through the night since you were basically 3 months old. You hardly ever cry, but when you do I know something is wrong. You put yourself to sleep for naps and bedtime and if you aren't tired you will just play in your crib until you are ready to fall asleep. You are so go with the flow and have only made a scene ONCE in public, and that was when you were about 4 months old. We take you to restaurants and you not only love trying new foods but you sit in your highchair and hardly ever say a peep. You have never made a face or refused a food to eat. You will play for hours and hours by yourself without me entertaining you. (Today you played with a plastic measuring cup and 1 block for about 20 mins.) You are on a perfectly set routine that you came up with, but if we need to go off of it a little bit you can handle it (now.) You are friendly with our friends... and of course YOU ARE RIDICULOUSLY CUTE! :) I think that's enough bragging for now, wow!
God has made you into such a perfect little being and I thank Him everyday for allowing me to be your mom! I have been more blessed than I ever felt possible by becoming your mom! Thank you for being MY child!
So Jessalynn... What has this month brought us?
You have been a lot less sick! Not completely but better after taking your allergy medicine you have stopped scratching at your face AND you have been talking non-stop. Da-Da is by far your favorite word and you tend to use it for alot of things... except when you see a dog. Then it turns to Dog-Dog! You are mildly obsessed... ok that may be an understatement! Whenever you see a dog on t.v or in person you go crazy. You clap your hands, you squeal as loud as you can and you just go nuts. I don't know why we haven't captured this on video yet, but it is extremely adorable! Dad and I were talking the other day that if we got you a dog we don't think you would be as excited when you saw them... so we aren't going to get one.. EVER! :) However, your love for dogs has brought Dad and I to become very excited to bring you to the ZOO. It will be our first outing specifically FOR YOU! We are so excited, but are going to wait till it cools down a bit!
This month it has been 100* about everyday! We are breaking records for it being so hot, which has caused us to be inside ALOT and spend way too much money shopping ;) Shopping may be one of your favorite activities, while it's fun for now I am hoping it doesn't stay that way forever! :)
Also this month we took you to your first Astros/Baseball game ever. You loved it. Lots of excitement everywhere and every time the crowd would cheer you would light up both arms and cheer too. You make my heart so happy!
You are crawling ALL OVER THE PLACE! You are into everything, thankfully you haven't figured out how to open the cabinets... yet! You're favorite place in the house is in mommy and daddy's bathroom on our green rug. One day I was watching you play while cleaning the kitchen and when I looked over the stink I couldn't find you. I looked in your room, looked in my room... No Jessa. Finally I see you out of the corner of my eye just sitting on the green bathroom Rug sucking your thumb and you gave me the biggest smile ever! You are intrigued with the laundry room as well, but we try and keep the door shut. One of your favorite things to do is stand up by mommy's book shelf and pull off the books. You pull one off and then sit and flip through it. I'm not sure why you don't try and tear the pages out, you just like to look at the pictures. That book shelf can keep you occupied for a LONG TIME!
You have learned to RUN in your walker. It sort of looks like you are ice skating. YOu will run real fast and then glide, and run real fast and glide. I am so thankful for the set up of our house that allows you such a fun space to play in your walker.
I've started planning your birthday! It's going to be Cupcake themed. I'm pretty excited and found an outfit that I think is adorable! Basically, it's a ruffle butt outfit. YAY!
I'm not sure much else has changed with you this month, you weigh 19.1lbs and are 28in long. You are in the 50%ile for everything :) You have started eating alot more table food and are enjoying chewing with your 4, going on 6 teeth!!!! WOW! (2 bottom, and your two top left teeth, your two top right and trying to make an appearance.)
Thank you for being so much fun, thank you for going places with me with out a fuss. Thank you for loving dogs so much, and thank you for just being you. You bring so much joy to my life!!
Love, MA-MA! NOT DA-DA!! ;)
Hudson officially weights more than Jessa. I LOVE that she's so good, I'm MEGA jealous right about now :) Happy 10 months sweet Jessa!
ReplyDelete