I'm alittle late on your 8 month letter. Better late than never right? Today is July 1st! I can hardly believe it's July, and with that I can hardly believe you are 8 months old! You are already doing so much and are so active, I'm trying to spend as much time on the couch right now as possible, because I'm realizing my days of sitting and watching you play are very soon over!
Where do I even start? This month I got out your play table that a friend of ours had given you. You had taken a huge interest in grabbing my hands and wanting to stand. You quickly learned how to pull your self up by only using our hands as support. I brought the table out to try and teach you to pull yourself up. While you absolutely LOVE playing on the table and making it make so many different noises, you still can't quite get yourself to pull up on it on your own. You have done it once, but prefer to sit there and whine until I get tired of listening to you struggle and stand you up myself!

At the beginning of this month you were becoming extremely good at leaning forward and picking up toys you wanted. As you would be reaching for these toys, occasionally they would be too far away and you would fall forward into a laying position on your belly. Watching you learn (and struggle) from getting from the laying position back to the sitting position was probably one of my favorite things I have got to watch you learn this far!
The day after Father's Day I was taking a nap and daddy got you up from yours. We continued with the day until it was about time for your bedtime. Daddy then turns to me and says "O, ya! Guess who I found sitting up in her crib when I woke her up from her nap today!" I said "WHAT?!" Since you had already taken such interest in pulling up on things by this point we knew we had to lower your mattress in your crib right then! I was sort of disappointed I missed the first time you sat up on your own, but was smiling ear to ear when I walked in to get you the next morning and sure enough you were sitting up starring right at me! You melt me heart!

We aren't done with your accomplishments this month! You have recently started waving! The first time I caught it on camera we were waiting in the check out line at Walmart.

It's pretty funny because you do it ALOT while we are out in public. I'm not entirely sure you understand the concept, but it's pretty much the cutest thing ever! Last night daddy and I took you to dinner at Iguana Joe's. You were waving to every one, only when they weren't looking. Sometimes it was towards daddy, but most of the time it was just random. And when people wave back, you have absolutely no idea what to do then! It's pretty awesome!
Last but NOT LEAST!
YOU LEARNED TO CRAWL THIS MONTH! Well, sort of this month! It was the day after you turned 8 months old, so... You still are very confident about it sometimes forgetting that you can move from one place to another. I captured a pretty good crawl on video which I'm extremely excited about! No doubt, in a few days, maybe a week you will be all over the house! The other day I ordered a bunch of outlet covers because your fingers have already been pulled straight to them. You are definitely a typical kid! :)
You are still enjoying running around the house in your walker. You have mastered the concept of forward, backwards, left and right. You can pretty much get around any obstacle, which these days are alot! It's proving to be very challenging keeping all of your toys picked up around the house! You love chasing me and daddy down the long hallway from our rooms to the front door. You can get those legs moving pretty fast, and you usually squeal from excitement when you do! You continue to love the doorway jumper when I take a shower, and Mackenzie recently let us borrow her Jungle themed jumper which you get a pretty big kick out of too! Sometimes it's hard to tell your whine apart from your excited noises!
What else happened during month 7?
*You eat ALOT! 3 meals of baby food a day, along with 5 6oz bottles
*I haven't found a food you don't like... this is crazy!
*You still haven't figured out chewing, although we try pretty much everyday with baby puffs, yogurt melts or some types of fruit
*You made me cry for the first time in public last week. I dropped you off in the nursery at church and you immediately started screaming. I hated leaving you like that! I'm sure this probably won't be the last time that happens! :(
*This last week I have taken you to the gym day care for about an hour at a time. You are LOVING it there! Always very happy when I pick you up! This is awesome!
*I'm loving the days I get to spend with you. You still love to go shopping, and you especially like riding in shopping carts now!
*I sewed you a sleep sack this month because you are starting to outgrow yours, plus it's fleece and I'm afraid you are too hot. Daddy ended up ripping it, so I need to make a repair on it... however you are pretty partial to your pink fleece one so much so that I'm thinking I'll have to make it into a blanket for you when you can no longer fit into it at all.
*You are trying so hard to drop your 3rd nap during the day! You have succeeded alot, but other days you just sit and rub your eyes ready for a nap at 5... and that's not happening ;)
You continue to get bigger and bigger each day. It's such a bittersweet thing. I love watching you do things for the first time, watching you learn and play with the same toys like you have never ever seen them before. Today you were lifting the teapot lid, open, closed, open, closed. Over and over again. I love this stage your in... however I know I'll love every stage your in! Some will probably prove to be more challenging than others, but I love you more than you will ever no and because of that every stage you go through will be just as special as the next! You are so beautiful Jessa! I can't wait to start to see more of your personality shine through in this next month!
Love you more than the distance from the ground to the moon!... AND BACK!
-Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment