According to my original due date, I have 41 days to go! It seems so long and so short all at the same time!
I called today in hopes to get in on a maternity tour of the hospital I will be delivering at. No such luck... and no such luck until Oct. 23rd. I'm pretty sure if things keep going the way they are going you will have to roll me around the hospital to take a tour on the 23rd...If the baby can wait that long. If it not, it would just be pointless anyway.
SOOOOOO we went to our second best option... a $70 Prepared Childbirth class on the 16th of October. I have yet to tell Nick it is from 9am-6pm... all day! haha This is really not funny. O well, maybe it will be fun?? HA!
I am shocked at the amount of pregnant people in this city though. Nick always tells me it's a normal ratio because there are just so many people in Houston. However, I find it sort of odd that there are 5 Maternity Tours between today and the 23rd, all allowing 15 women (+spouse) on them and they are ALL FULL! Lets do the math 5x15= That's 75 women delivering soon! AND that's only counting ONE of like the 7 hospital LOCATIONS! I said locations, because we are just talking about one hospital here. I have yet to even guess how many are delivering in the other 10 hospitals in the medical center alone. Enough babbling.... THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE IN HOUSTON, THUS, THERE ARE A LOT OF PREGNANT PEOPLE IN HOUSTON!!!
Geesh!
So yesterday I had a doctors appointment. Cervix is still closed so baby is all nice and secure still. I am excited that baby is still thriving in my belly, but I"M READY!!!! The doctor stole my list of questions from me yesterday and starting going through them. They were written in "short hand" and he comes to the word "gym." Well gym was written down because I needed a note say that I can freeze my membership at the gym. WELLLLL he looks at it and says, "ya the gym is fine!" I said "WHAT?" 4 weeks ago you told me to stay off my feet and only get off the couch to eat. Apparently, since I am now 35 weeks he doesn't care what I do because if I go into labor I'm "full term." So excited and overjoyed me tells Nick I want to walk across the street to the hospital I will deliver at, just to see where it is. After all I can do anything I want now :) So we walk over there, and walk back and by the time we got to the car I was in so much pain it was ridiculous! I had previously told Nick we were going to the gym later that night, and before we got into the car I decided to go back upstairs to my doctor and request the note to freeze my account after all! Lesson Learned: Just cause doctor says it's "OK" doesn't mean it's "OK." I have to remember I am not superwoman, I am carrying a child... a child who likes to hang out REALLY REALLY REALLY low in my belly and cause a ton of pain when I do too much. SOOOO I'm still taken it easy :(
I have an ultrasound scheduled for the 9th of October, which is also Miss Bella's first birthday party :) And then the following Monday I have an appointment to discuss delivery of Baby J! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!
Speaking of anniversary, we are celebrating our 2 years this coming Tuesday. Why? Because the melting pot is introducing their new menu, and we are getting a very significant discount on the big night out meal :) WE LIKE DEALS! Anyway, it should be fun!
And for your viewing pleasure, a sneak peek at 2 maternity photos I had taken a few days ago by a fabulous friend and wonderful photographer!
http://3monkeysjumping.blogspot.com/2010/09/263365-sweet-baby-j.html
Dayna!! You look like a hott mamma! I NEED to see more and more pics. I can't wait to meet Baby J.
ReplyDeleteDayna, you look fantastic! I LOVE those pictures! Hang in there lady, Baby J will be here before you know it!
ReplyDelete