I was so so so excited to write this post before going into my appointment on Friday. I wanted everything to be good news just so I could come home and write a post "Houston, we have a heartbeat!" I knew there could be a chance of not seeing one, but I kept my hopes high, and sure enough little "Blueberry" (Nick's nickname for baby) showed it's little beating heart on the ultra sound! I couldn't have been happier but at the same time, it hit me I have another long 4 weeks to wait again! I can't quite explain the feeling, but as relief hit so did the realization that I have to be a worried mom for the next 4 weeks...ok 18 year... ok rest of my life!!! The doctor said everything is looking very normal, good position, good size... GOOD BLUEBERRY!
Doctor confirmed that feeling nauseous is actually a really great sign that everything is doing what it is suppose to do. It definitely makes the days I drive home from work with my trashcan in the passenger seat a little easier, and makes the worry less. BUT MAN THIS SUCKS!
April 23rd is our next appointment and I will officially be completed with my first trimester of pregnancy. "God, be with this baby. Let my body be a healthy home, a home where that little embryo can grow big and strong."
I just wanted to thank everyone for there thoughts and prayers during this time for us!! It makes things alittle easier when you know you have a whole lot of friends and family standing beside you to support you with whatever direction life may take you. It has been super encouraging to hear about all your thoughts and prayers. THANK YOU!
Where Did "Blueberry" Come From??
At week 7, I told Nick, baby was the size of a blueberry (according to online.) Apparently this is the first he has heard of embryos and fetus' size being compared to fruit or food. Well, even though baby is officially the size of a Raspberry this week, blueberry has stuck. My mom likes to call baby, "BB", and I slipped in a "Blue" the other day so... Blueberry it is, until week 20.
It will be Blueberry for it's whole life. I will call him/her that from the time they are just a baby til the time they have a little Blueberry of their own and beyond.
ReplyDelete